Guest Speakers’ Guide
Submissions are encouraged from a wide range of laser applications in the fields of:
- Aesthetics, Dermatology and Surgery
- Male Health
Authors at the 10th LA&HA Symposium will present their lectures within the sessions corresponding to the specific topics above.
Abstracts that will be presented as oral presentations will be published as full articles or summaries in the 2020 issue of the Journal of the Laser and Health Academy. Submission of an abstract constitutes permission for LA&HA to publish the abstract in either printed or electronic format.
Abstract submission guidelines
- All abstracts must be written in in English.
- Abstracts should be submitted online using the submission form available here.
- The deadline for abstract submission is March 15, 2020.
- Confirmation of submission and abstract acceptance will be sent to the email address provided by the author/submitter.
- Authors will be notified about whether their abstract has been accepted by April 1, 2020.
– Word count: 500 words maximum, 100 words minimum.
– The title, authors and affiliation are entered in separate fields, please do not include them in the body of the abstract.
– All abstracts should follow the following structure:
1. Treated indications
2. Laser device and modalities used (with clear parameters)
3. Evaluation methods
4. Description of clinical study:
– number of patients
– description of control group if any
– duration of follow-up
Please note that authors with accepted abstracts (guest speakers) will still need to register as attendees of the LA&HA Symposium, but Fotona will pay their LA&HA Symposium fee. Authors whose abstracts have not been accepted are welcome to register for the Symposium as an attendee, but will need to pay the Symposium fee. All guest speakers and attendees will need to cover their own travel and accommodation expenses.
The Laser and Health Academy also invites all laser experts and enthusiasts, who will not be submitting abstracts, to attend the 10th LA&HA Symposium, share their experiences and achievements and stay informed with the latest trends and practices in laser technology and treatments. Registration will remain open online until full venue capacity is reached. We suggest you register early to secure your place.
Authors of accepted abstracts will be presenting their lectures as oral presentations: these are 7 min presentations with an additional 3 min of Q&A.
All presentations will be part of a session covering a specific group of applications. The introduction of the background, prevalence and etiology of the treated conditions and mechanism of laser action will be covered by a keynote lecture at the beginning of each session. In order to keep the focus on your results; please do not include the above-mentioned background information into your presentation.
Your presentation should include:
- Details about the performed clinical studies – study size (number of patients); type of study (prospective / retrospective; case series / case study; controlled or uncontrolled; randomized or non-randomized) etc.
- Details about the evaluation methods used.
- Videos showing techniques are very welcome.
- Before and after photographs should be accompanied by the list of the procedures taken, number of received sessions and the amount of time since the last treatment when the image was taken (patient approval for using photos should be obtained beforehand).
- Photographs should be of good quality and should be taken in the same conditions and without alterations.
We look forward to seeing you in Portoroz!
The LA&HA Symposium Program Committee